Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Poppy's 50th Birthday!!

May 28th was Grandpa Keller's, aka Poppy, 50th birthday!  So the whole Keller clan came out the next weekend to spend the night and go to the St. Louis Zoo.  It was the first time the Schumacher kids had ever stayed away from their house, and I would have to say, I think they did pretty good!  But they were all in the basement and you can't hear anything down there!!  Sooooo, maybe it didn't go so well for Sarah and Brian!!
All of poppy's grand daughters playing "kitchen".  They made him a birthday cake!!  Not sure why Madison has it on her head?
Time for bedtime stories.  Poppy's reading, "It's My Birthday."  How fitting!
Everyone is being good listeners.
Cute cousins......
........that love each other!......for now!!!  Let's hope it stays that way!
Finally, the zoo!!!
We made it with a little bit of traffic, and the zoo was packed!  It was a really nice day, so everyone had the same idea.
Maddie and Gracie checking out the hippos.  This was the first trip to the zoo for the Schumachers.  I think we take it for granted since we are so close!
Grant asleep like always!  I think he had to much fun the night before. 
Sarah and Adam watching the elephants.  
All the animals were out playing since the weather was so nice.
Maddie and Daddy checking out the elephants.  Madison insisted on bringing her binoculars so she could "see" all the animals.
Grant finally woke up to enjoy the zoo, just not the hippo statue.  I have a picture just like this of Madison in the hippo's mouth a year or two ago with the same reaction!  I swear!!  But it is pretty funny!!
I found the picture....This was Madison last year at the zoo.  Still makes me laugh!!
Madison begged to get her face painted.  And of course she asked for a lady bug.  She did great!!
Train ride with Grandma and Poppy!
The plan after the zoo was to have a picnic in Forest Park, but it was so packed we couldn't even find a parking spot for one car, let a loan three.  So we all came back to our house to enjoy lunch and play time with Grandma and Poppy.
Then we headed across the road over to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Patrick's for a wonderful supper.  
Then it was cake time!!!
Everyone wants to help blow out the candles!
Ended the night with a picture of all the Keller grand kids.  Once again, Grant was out, so Mark had to be the stand in!!!  And I think Gracie was ready for jammies!  
                                                   Six Keller grand kids in four years!!
                                                      Happy 50th Birthday Poppy!!!!!
                                                Hope you had as much fun as we all did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment