Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One year on Charles Drive....

Yesterday, August 20th, was the one year anniversary of living at 17 Charles Drive.  I can't believe one year has past.  It has been a long hard journey of working on this house.  Finally, at the end of June we finished the biggest remodel of the house, the kitchen.  I am so proud of Mark!  He did all of the work by himself besides hanging the new cabinets, the counter top and putting up the back splash.  Lot's of trial and error and YouTube!  And big thank you goes out to my Dad and step mom Wendy for putting up the beautiful back splash.  Thank you for all the hard work and giving up one of your weekends!!

Here is a picture of the kitchen the day we bought the house.
Picture of the wall before we took it down.
A picture from the other side of the wall.
The door going out to the deck before.
And the grand finale............
I love it!!!!
The kitchen was definitely worth all the time and hard work!
The wall is gone, everything is nice and open!
Thank you soooo much Mark for making this dream kitchen happen!  I love you!  You let me pick out what I wanted and I hope you love it as much as I do......which I think you do!!  Also, a thank you to CDI for doing anything and everything to keep Mark here for one more year so I can enjoy this house we have made a home!  Like I had mentioned before, Mark got a job offer back in Effingam.  The day Mark found out he got the job we had our kitchen cabinets installed the same day.  We were going to have to move by the end of the summer.  I told Mark if this is what he really wanted, I was in, but not extremely thrilled!  This job was really one of the only chances to get back to Newton with the economy the way it is, and it was exactly what Mark does now.  We always knew we wanted to move back to Newton, I just didn't think it would be so soon, right in the middle of remodeling and Mark was still in classes at SIUE.  We were going to make it work!  Mark waited a couple of weeks to break the news to this current employer CDI.  Low and behold, Mark was shocked when his boss Vickie's first reaction was to do whatever it took to keep him.  Long story short, CDI is now opening up a satellite office for Mark in Effingham in September 2013!  We get a year to enjoy our house we have worked so hard on this past year and it gives us time to figure out plans in Newton.  I am super excited about this!! Life can kinda slow down for a bit now!!!........Or we can only hope!

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany and Mark you have a beautiful home you have good taste in decor. We were proud to have helped you with all the remodeling. The next home will be even better. Love Grandpa and Grandma Kuhl

    ReplyDelete