Tuesday, August 28, 2012

He's finally finished!!

Mark finally finished class on June 21st.  The journey started when one day Mark came home from work and said he had found out that SIUE was now offering a Surveying Certificate Program.  He had always told me, "Man, I don't see how people go back to school after they have been out for years."  Well, I guess that back fired!  Remind you I was eight months pregnant at the time he decided this was a good idea.  I told him if he wanted to do it, this would be the time, since I was going to start staying at home with the kids when our second child came.  The first semester was fine.  Mark's class was at 3:30 p.m., so he actually got home earlier then he would have from work.  This worked out perfect since we had a newborn!!  I think Mark started class when Grant was only a week old!  He definitely felt like the old man in the class with two kiddos!!  Man, how times have changed!  Mark has taken at least one or more classes every semester besides the summer we bought our house.  None of the class schedules worked out with his work schedule, and he new he would not have time to work on the house we just bought.  I have had many long days and nights feeling like a single mom, but it has finally all come to an end!!  School and this house are finally finished!!  
I just wanted to tell the world how proud I am of Mark!  He always seems to do the best he can at whatever he puts his mind to.  He got straight A's every semester.  I guess that is what having two kids, a full time job, working on a never ending house, and having two mortgages does to ya!!!
I made Mark sign this sheet when he got home from his last class, to swear he will never go back to school again!!  And it made me feel like this Surveying thing was official, since he doesn't really receive a certificate for another three years!!  He has to work under a "Professional Surveyor" for that many years to be certified himself!!  It never ends!!!  
I also took pictures of Mark with the kids and his "certificate" when he got home.  He made fun of me saying that I take pictures of everything.  I told him he will appreciate it some day!  Then, when I went to find the pictures for this post, the pictures are no where to be found!!!!  Coincidence?  I think not!!!

1 comment: