Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One year ago today....

I can't believe a year ago today we found out we were pregnant. I remember like it was yesterday. It was shortly after I returned from my lunch hour at work when I received a phone call from the doctor's office. When the lady said, "Congratulations Tiffany, your pregnant!" I was first shocked and then overwhelmed, thinking, oh my god, am I ready for this? After many negative at home and blood tests, I was not prepared for what she had just told me. Of course I was at work and in front of all my coworkers and boss bawling on the phone and feeling sick to my stomach when I blurted out I was pregnant. I wanted to call Mark at work, but wanted to see his face and reaction when I told him. I still wish I could have controlled my emotions so he would have been the first person I told, but I was a wreck! Of course it had to be a Monday night when I work till 8 pm. Needless to say it was a long day. I pondered on how I was going to tell him. I had a plan and kept replaying it in my head how I wanted to tell him, but on the way home I kept thing about it and tears would just well up in my eyes. I knew I would not be able to play it off so cool and collect. I think he knew when I walked into the house that something was was different. Of course, I just blurted out again that I was pregnant and all Mark could say was, this is awesome, this is awesome!! I can still hear it in my head and feel his strong hug. I look back at my pregnancy, which I really don't miss right now, and realize it wasn't that bad. At first the nausea stunk, the second trimester was full of worries. Was I going to be a good parent? Were we ready for this? What have I done? Is the baby going to be healthy? Is my body ever going to be the same? The third trimester I was just ready to have her. I felt like a huge swollen whale that could not even get out of bed!
I love her so much and could not have asked for a better baby girl and husband. I really do love my life and feel very blessed everyday. I wouldn't change a thing.


I love this picture.....It really was the first time I met the miracle I carried for nine months. She knew my voice right away. I remember wanting to look at her hair, fingers and toes. I still can't believe I had a baby with hair! Since I had to have an emergency c-section and could not wear my glasses, I really could not see her when Mark put her to my face. Then I had to recover in a room for two hours after that. I guess I waited nine months, I could wait two more hours! I will never forget it! She is my best achievement. I love you Madison.

8 comments:

  1. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I was pretty emotional typing it. I guess it's the hormone!! Damn breast feeding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our little girl is very lucky to have such a wonderful mommy. I am very proud of you Tiffany for how natural everything seems to be for you. I Love You Always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madison truly is a fine achievement to have going for oneself. Our three have rewarded us more times than we can count. I remember you telling us the good news last Easter with the pretty blue and pink m&m's. What will be in our Easter basket this year??? Anyway, motherhood is turning out to be a very natural and beautiful thing for you to own.
    Love,V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark and Tiffany, you are awesome parents. I have enjoyed the entire "ride" of waiting for Madison and how she is changing by the minute now that she is here. She sure brought Brian and I hope. Amazing that she came the day that our two little miracle embryos were transferred and that she weighs 13 lbs the day we found out each of ours weight 13 oz!!! Can't wait for the cousins to play together.
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany,
    I thought you might have a blog. I goggled you and found it. Looks like things are going well. Madison is getting cuter and cuter. I am glad you are doing so great. I miss working with you!
    Kristin Miller

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had all the right words to tell you how very proud I am of you. You are a very natural mother. Madison will shine at whatever she does with yours and Marks guidance. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete