The kids and I found a free splash pad close to our home in Hartford, IL. It's only about 15 minutes away, and did I mention FREE! The kids and I went probably about five times through out the end of the summer. I wish I would have found it sooner. The kids loved it. Mark even went with us the very last chance we had to go before the weather cooled off, and even he had to try it out with the kids!
I finally remembered to bring my camera the third time we went.
Madison and Grant loved it!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Madison always thinks she is helping out her little brother.
This boy loves the water!
And he loves it when the water splashes him in the face!
On this day we packed a picnic lunch. Only one thing ruined our picnic. POO! As I was setting up our picnic, I kept smelling poop. I figured I had set up our blanket next to a dog pile. I kept looking around and checking every ones shoes. No poop. We kept on with the picnic even though there was an unpleasant smell. I thought it was weird Grant would not sit to eat. Of course the kids didn't eat much and wanted to play on the play ground equipment. I followed Grant and finally figured out the smell was coming from him!! By this time it was seeping out of his swim diaper and trunks. It was literally every where!! I hurried and changed Grant on the blanket. By this time Madison and I were so grossed out, I pitched all our food, folded everything up in the blanket and we left. As if that is not gross enough, I turned around after picking everything up, and Grant had his mouth on the trash can in the park! I was so ready to go, and find a sink to wash my hands. What a day! It was happened in 20 minutes! I literally washed Grant's trunks 3 times in bleach to get the smell out and that didn't even work. I finally sat them in the sun and that took care of the smell! It was horrible!
We had to redeem ourselves from the day before, so we decided to try it again. This time I invited Jenna, Nolan, Aunt Sarah and Michael. That way I had backup if there was a dirty diaper episode!
Jenna thought to bring toys and it ended up being a great idea!
Cousin Michael didn't quite know what to think about all this water.
Thanks to the city of Hartford for some great summer fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment